Most Haunted Places – The Stanley
In 1909, when inventor Freelan Oscar Stanley first opened the opulent Stanley Hotel in Estes Valley, Colorado, visitors were enthralled by the palatial building and the surrounding rural landscape of the valley.
After years of success, by the 1970s the hotel had fallen into grave disrepair and was a mere shadow of its former self. A bizarre and fateful chain of events involving the now famous author Steven King saved the Stanley from the wrecking ball. In a lucid nightmare, while staying in room 217, he dreamt of a coiled fire hose coming to life chasing his screaming son through the halls of the hotel.
The Stanley’s connection to King’s terrifying night, which resulted in his successful book «The Shining», is the hotel’s most famous creepy occurrence. But strange and supposedly paranormal incidents were reported at the hotel well before the 1970s, some specifically in room 217.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Low mintage of only 1,909 coins.
- Comes in a themed display box in the original capsule with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: In the center is a mirror with a ghostly like appearance of Freelan Oscar Stanley. To the right is s a profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Other images include a clock, an old farm house and instructions for Bloody Mary, which gives you directions to see the face in the mirror.
- Reverse: Depicts the front view of Stanley Hotel with two girls rising above the stairwell to the entrance. Freelan Oscar Stanley is holding a violin and leaning against a pillar.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Cook Islands government.
Do you believe in haunted places? This coin was inspired by the hotel featured in the famous book “The Shining.” Add this Most Haunted Places – The Stanley Silver coin to your cart today!
CIT Silver Coins
Coin Invest Trust (CIT), located in the small European country of Liechtenstein, produces Silver coins for countries around the world. Since its founding in 1970, this company has gained an outstanding worldwide reputation for its innovative and revolutionary coins of premium quality. Smartminting© technology, developed by CIT in 2016, pushes the boundaries of the standards in the commemorative coin industry. This technology enables CIT to strike coins in higher relief without the need for additional metal and can increase the surface area of a coin by as much as 183%.