Vintage Pythian Sisters Fraternal medal. The Pythian Sisters or Supreme Temple Order of Pythian Sisters, is a Fraternal Organization founded on October 23, 1888, in Warsaw, Indiana. This pin is from an all-women group affiliated with The Fraternal Order of the Knights of Pythias. The medal features a plaque at the top, surrounded by scroll work and beads which has never been engraved. Hanging from that plaque is a heavy shield-shaped pendant with what appears to be an upended cornucopia or horn-of-plenty. Dangling from the top plaque by two chains is a large plaque featuring the insignia of the Pythian Sisters. The letters in the insignia stand for Purity, Love, Equality, and Fidelity. The medal was manufactured by The Pettibone Brothers Manufacturing Company, of Cincinnati, Ohio, and looks to be sterling although it is not marked. The medal is approximately 5 5/8 inches tall and is about 2 1/8 inches wide.