2023 Mont Saint Michel – 5 oz Silver Coin
This Mont Saint Michel 5 oz silver coin captures this famous landmark and UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1979. It has a limited mintage of 500 worldwide and is sold out at the mint.
The unique silhouette of Mont Saint Michel crowns the secluded mount off the coast of Normandy surrounded by wide sandbanks or, at high tide, by sea water. Recognized as a famous landmark, place of pilgrimage and UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1979, it is a captivating photo subject and popular visitor attraction in France.
Since the first construction work on the Benedictine abbey in 966, Mont Saint Michel continuously expanded until it was partly destroyed by fire in 1203 after the attempted conquest of the mount by King Philip II. The latter compensated the monks by funding the construction of the showpiece of the monument – the magnificent monastery known as La Merveille (the Wonder).
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Low mintage of only 500 coins.
- Comes in frame display box with original capsule and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, an outline of the island map and a close-up outline of the famous landmark.
- Reverse: Features an image of Mont Saint-Michel with amazing details and colors.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Cook Islands government.
This coin showcases one of the most captivating landmarks. Add this Mont Saint-Michel 5 oz silver coin to your cart today!
CIT Silver Coins
Coin Invest Trust (CIT), located in the small European country of Liechtenstein, produces Silver coins for countries around the world. Since its founding in 1970, this company has gained an outstanding worldwide reputation for its innovative and revolutionary coins of premium quality. Smartminting© technology, developed by CIT in 2016, pushes the boundaries of the standards in the commemorative coin industry. This technology enables CIT to strike coins in higher relief without the need for additional metal and can increase the surface area of a coin by as much as 183%.